Wednesday 4 January 2012

Wedding Fayres - should I do them?


I took the decision last year to do weddings.  I really enjoy a good wedding and if my dream to do “this” full time is to come true, I need to be doing more weddings.  But I have a dilemma – should I attend wedding fayre’s?

My own personal experience of them from my wedding last year, was that they were terrible places, full of brides on the lookout for freebies, over zealous sales people and too many interruptions from what I was there to do – ie get inspiration.

I only approached one photographer and she was the only one without that hungry look – you know the ones who pounce as soon as you take even a mild interest.   

I have to be honest-  I wasn’t sure what to expect, but from the minute you arrive someone is trying to extrapolate your personal details, in whatever way they can.  The photographers I saw had impressively large books of photos but lacked any real style to their display – or any branding attempt whatsoever.  It all seems a little bit like a school fate – I was disappointed that there wasn’t a tombola???

Maybe I just had a bad experience and not all fayre’s are like that (though I did go to 3 different ones in Leeds that’s day and they were all very similar), but its been enough to put me off going back to show my own stuff...   Or perhaps I was an unusual bride and most brides respond well to this approach but either way I’d really appreciate any comments you might have on the subject, in fact I need some help!

No comments:

Post a Comment