Tuesday 23 November 2010

Interview with Angelea Saenko of Angelea Saenko Photography

  1. What inspires you as a photographer? 
I get inspired by lots of things. It could be just a beautiful day or an area I have never been to. Mostly it’s my children who inspire me daily. J



  1. How long have you been a photographer?
I started my love of photography in high school . I started my business 3 years ago.

  1. When you’re not photographing, where can we find you? 
Being a mother to my children. I spend my whole days taking care of them .J


  1. Any books that inspired you (or helped you) in your business?  
The fast track photographer by Dane Sanders. It put allot of the business stuff in perspective in a way I didn’t think before.


  1. Best marketing idea?
Word of mouth. I get allot of my business from previous clients.

  1. Worst marketing idea?
Probably school fundraising. I don’t get many clients from doing  those. I end of spending allot of wasted time and money.


  1. Do you have a studio and if not do you feel having a studio would help your business grow?
I set up for studio work in my home. I would love to have my own room but its worked fine so far. I don’t think having a studio would help my business grow but it would be nice. Mainly I do outdoor sessions.  Having a bigger space to photograph in bad weather would be great.


  1. What do you think makes a photographer successful?  
Who they are. While they need to have good photos to get the clientele if they don’t have good people skills they wont get them coming back. I think being real is the best way. Its not always about making the most money it’s about who you are photographing.

  1. What’s your weakness in business?  
Marketing. I don’t do much and I would love to do more. I just don’t know what more to do.


  1. Are you a Nikon or canon?.
Im Nikon J

  1. And lens?  
I have a 24-70 which never comes off. But I also have a 50mm and 24mm.

  1. If you weren’t a photographer what would you be?
I’m not sure…I have many loves. Maybe a chef or a psychologist.



  1. Can you give the readers your best piece of advice for starting or running a photography business.
Do it for the passion. If it was all about money I could never make it. I love taking pictures and capturing moments in my clients lives. I don’t want to be a chain. I want to be the person they come back to as their children grow up.

You can find Angelea here


No comments:

Post a Comment