Tuesday 16 November 2010

Marketing & Branding for Photographers - 2011 Plans

I often visit http://www.flourishstudios.co.uk/blog/ for marketing and branding tips, and the latest post got me thinking about my plans for next year?



This year saw me busier than I have been before, but without a clear direction and often with mistakes along the way.  I've tried many marketing ideas, some have worked and some have been a complete waste of time.  I have a good idea what I want to achieve but I havent really been disciplined enough and I havent had a plan!

I read the latest post from Fiona at Flourish and it made me think... http://www.flourishstudios.co.uk/blog/have-you-started-writing-your-2011-marketing-plan-yet/

What am I going to do next year? How am I going to grow my business, and how am I going to get more organised?

Fiona suggests firstly identifying the goals for next year, then having another look at the niche I'm in and seeing if what I'm offering is still relevent and what clients actually want?  Then I need to create that all important marketing plan (though personally this is the bit I struggle on...) and finally get it all on paper!

So I've decided I'm going to create a marketing calender to guide me along each month ( though clearly I need to be starting now for January...).  For each month or holiday (easter, valentines etc) I'm going to decide how to tackle it. But the big thing for me is writing it all down.

So as I think up ideas for each month I'm going to share them with you and then let you know how they work out.

If you have any good ideas, then feel free to share them!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm flattered! And thank you for introducing yourself to me ;-) The marketing calendar sounds like a fantastic idea. Maybe create yourself some related "products" (ie engagement/ celebration shoot/ boudoir shoot for valentines day) and give yourself plenty of time to communicate them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys,
    This post is very useful and very interesting to read, Really this Post is providing nice information,Keep it up.
    Marketing and Branding - Wildfire UK

    ReplyDelete