Thursday 7 April 2011

Interview with Sian Robertson Photography

Interview with ..............................
1.
Will you start by telling us where you work and liveand the type of photography you do?
I am based in Staffordshire and am currently photographing Weddings, baby portraits, business and fashion! Quite a variety! 
2.
What inspires you as a photographer?
Everything! Just looking in magazines, blogs, people and places... You just have to look around you to find inspiration. 
3.
How long have been a photographer?
I started professionally in the industry about 18 months ago, however, photography has always played a large role in my life, especially when I went traveling.
4.
When you’re not photographing, where can we find you?
Like every photographer, im sure the first place to look would be in front of the computer, researching, editing or communicating! If i'm not there, im out with my husband and dog either cycling or walking! 
5.
Any books that inspired you {or helped you} in your business?
I LOVE the Scott Kelby series... he is straight to the point and doesn't baffle you with unnecessary jargon.
6.
Best marketing idea?
Still working on it!! lol
7.
Worst marketing idea?
Thinking that advertisements in magazines would be a good idea... I think you really have to do your research and plan, otherwise you could end up wasting valuable pennies!!! 
8.
Do you have a studio and if not do you feel having a studio would help your business grow?
Im looking into the idea of a studio. I am doing a lot of creative pieces which a studio would be useful for, but i will need to research more! 
9.
What do you think makes a photographer successful?
Hard work, patience, manners and a smile!? Heres hoping!! 
10.
What’s your weakness in this business?
Sometimes I don't give myself enough credit... I think we all suffer from lack of confidence from time to time- especially in an industry thats so competitive. Self belief and self motivation are key if you're self employed and I think its always worth stepping back and appreciating what you have done!
11.
Are you a Nikon or Canon?
I've always used Canon. I did try Nikon when I was upgrading, just to make sure... but i prefer the feel and layout of Canon! 
12.
and Lens?
Canon of course! 
13.
If you weren’t a photographer, what would you be?
I would like to think i would do something creative, like a set designer! 
14.
Can you give the readers your best piece of advice for starting or running a photography business.
Believe in your own abilities, research and just go for it! :-)
15.
Tell us your proudest moment of your career?
Photographing at London Fashion Week and having one of my first photographs published in the Telegraph, Australia. 

Here is where you can find

Website     http://www.sianrobertsonphotography.com/
Facebook  www.facebook.com/smileyM14
Twitter      http://twitter.com/#!/sianrobertson

No comments:

Post a Comment